LUBBOCK, TX (KJTV) - "A Quiet Place part II" is not a sequel I really wanted or needed after the tremendous first movie that felt fresh and suprising. This sequel is neither of those things, but the premise is still interesting and the gimmick still works. I liked it.
The movie starts in flashback so John Krasinski can still be in it. His character looms large over the proceedings as all the main characters talk about him and work to live up to his reputation as most the awesome and brave dad ever.
Let's not forget who wrote and directed the movie.
Anyway, there are essentially three storylines playing out as the remaining family members work to survive and find help. Emily Blount is stoic and bold and young Millicent Simmonds gets more heavy lifting and screen time - a real find of a young actress.
The monsters are still scary and good fun, but this is also the kind of movie where smart characters make stupid decisions to add complications to the plot. That's frustrating, but Krasinski handles the back and forth between stories nimbly, and builds tension expertly.
It all builds to one of the most abrupt smash-to-end-credits endings I've seen in a while, setting up the already confirmed third movie which I worry may overstay its welcome.
- No. 8 Texas Tech Baseball’s Season Ends in Super Regional
- Astors fall to Twins 5-2
- Rangers snap 16-game road losing streak, rout Dodgers 12-1
- Usoro Completes Triple Jump Sweep, Usual Claims Bronze in Discus
- Stanford Stymies Texas Tech in Super Regional Opener
- Dodgers go deep 5 times in rout of Rangers
- Maldonado, Astros make late noise, overcome 4 Twins homers
- Seals Earns All-America Second Team, Heptathletes Get Underway
- Texas FM Shootout
- Cottonfest This Weekend!
- Texas Tech reaches lifetime contract agreement with Tim Tadlock
- Houston teen killed in Garza County crash Sunday evening
- Movie review: 'Concrete Cowboy'
- Shaw, Cubit secure seats in Slaton runoff
- No. 8 Tech Hosts No. 9 Stanford in Super Regional
- Bri Bagwell Texas FM Takeover
- Lubbock man indicted on charge of online solicitation of a minor
- One arrested after car crashes into firetruck responding to stalled vehicle
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.